TRENDS Research and Advisory conducted an opinion poll of economic experts and specialists on the effects of the U.S. interest rate increase enacted by the Federal Reserve (the U.S. Central Bank). The aim is to know their opinions about the reasons behind raising the interest rates and the potential repercussions of this decision on both the American and global economies.
The opinion poll included 6 questions as follows:
- What are the reasons behind the US Federal Reserve implementing a tight monetary policy by increasing interest rates more than once, the last of which was in last July?
- How much do you trust the ability of central banks to control inflation by raising interest rates?
- To which degree do results of interest rate increase affect the American economy?
- To which degree do results of interest rate increase affect the global economy?
- To which degree do results of interest rate increase affect the Gulf economy?
- Will the tight U.S. monetary policy continue until 2025?