The Global Barometer is one of the TRENDS Research & Advisory’s departments. It specializes in measuring public opinion trends on all internal and external economic, social, political, and cultural issues. To perform this task, it uses an integrated system for preparing and implementing specialized surveys, field studies, and polls following international standards, and presenting recommendations and suggestions about them to decision-makers.
To establish an integrated system for preparing and implementing specialized surveys, field studies, and polls following international standards.
To support decision-makers in all economic, social, and political fields by providing them with the finding of public opinion polls which show the prevailing view among a broad section of the public toward a particular issue.
- Support decision-makers with information that helps in developing and evaluating public policies in all fields.
- Enhance trust between the institutions and individuals through understanding their views, needs, and aspirations.
- Provide data and information about different local, regional, and international issues to support scientific research activity and futures studies.
- Understand the general trends of society (local, Arab and international) regarding various issues and priorities, such as education, healthcare, and community safety, and present the findings to the authorities and institutions in charge of developing relevant strategies
- Implement various public opinion surveys for governmental, quasi-governmental, and private institutions.
The Department consists of highly qualified researchers in political, economic, and social fields; and experts in opinion polls and analysis.
Areas of Focus
- Political Issues
- Economic Issues
- Social Issues
- Satisfaction Surveys
Services provided by the Department
- Surveys’ development, design and translation
- Digital and face-to-face data collection and consolidation
- Data analysis as per adequate statistical method/s
- Reports’ development and recommendation provision